Home learning for Reception - Wrens
Below is Work for weeks one & two (Week Beginning 23rd & 30th March)
Please find below a list of activities you might like to do with your children.
Many Thanks Mrs Pontefract & Mrs Pratt
Activities to do at home
-Construction- you could draw and label a plan first- what will you make?
-Read books and practice keywords
-Look at 50 things to do before you’re 5 – East Sussex initiative with a Facebook page for more information.
Phonics play website is currently free to use: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Username: march20 Password: home
We have taught phase 2 and phase 3 sounds. The children are particularly familiar with the following games:
Tricky Word Trucks
Picnic on Pluto
-Teach your monster to read App
-Hammond Education on Youtube has various phonics games in short clips
-Read or watch a story together then discuss it- Who was in the story? Where did the story happen? What was your favourite part? Can you draw a picture of the events that happened?
Examples of stories online can be found on:
Cbeebies bedtime stories
-Handwriting practice. Practising correct letter formation and starting in the right place
· Numberblocks episodes on iplayer
· Top marks website - various games. Select Early Years. www.topmarks.co.uk
· Youtube song videos- e.g.
· Days of the week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMofxtDPUQ&vl=en
· counting on in 1s with Jack Hartmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLzOkpH2zyM
· Count to 20 with Jack Hartmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVzXKfr6e8
· count in 2s,
· name the shapes
· Count in 10s
· www.ictgames.com ‘Counting caterpillar’ ordering numbers game
www.tts-group.co.uk This website does have an Early Years pack that can be downloaded if you wish to find additional activities to do at home.
www.twinkl.co.uk - This website has set up a free login that can be currently used to downloading activities and resources to do at home if you wish to. 'UKTWINKLHELPS'
-https://www.mrsmactivity.co.uk/ There are free resources you can access by entering your email address.
- Joe Wicks 8 minute move workouts on YouTube
- Cosmic kids yoga
- Moovlee monkey (great for calming down and taking a quiet few minutes)