Home learning for Year 1 - Squirrels
Week Beginning 22nd February 2021
Dear Squirrels Parents and Children,
Welcome to Term 4!
This Wednesday no 'work' will be set as we have something exciting happening!
SPECSAVERS VIRTUAL WINTER SCHOOL GAMES (info in 'PE' section)
Please complete a lesson of Maths and English each day and do the ‘frequently’ section a few times a week. Then you can do the Learning Journey and Science lesson when the mood is right across the week. I have also included an 'Other Learning' section, in case you wanted anything extra!
I hope you are all well. If you need to contact me for help/ a chat/ any form of support or just to send me pictures of your child's work, please feel free to do so via email- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Read, read, read! If you run out of things to read, here is a link to a website where you can find free e-books http://www.magickeys.com/books/
● Practice spelling common exception words from the spelling list (attached in Other Learning - English). These can be practised any way you like, some ideas are; bubble writing, rainbow coloured writing, curly writing, crazy writing, capital letters, tiny writing, etc.
● Practise reading common exception words using flashcards or spelling list (attached in Other Learning - English)
● Numbots (email me if you can't remember your log in)
● Card games, board games or cookery
In English this week we will continuing to learn the features of instructions, as well as writing our own set of instructions.
Monday-Thursday will be English based. Friday will be Phonics based (this week we only have 4 lessons in total). Please follow the PowerPoint provided below, it will explain everything you need to know.
Here is a fun superhero themed English game for the children to have a go at too https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd63xyc/articles/zncgvk7
An active maths lesson on adding and subtracting!
We're in the kitchen today making banana sushi!
A big welcome to Miss Taylor!
Miss Taylor will be helping us in class this term. I know she is really looking forward to meeting you all! She has recorded a little message and story for all the home learners. We hope you enjoy it!
If you want to say hello to Miss Taylor or ask her any questions, please feel free to email me or send me a little video of yourself. I'm sure she would love that :)
We will both be on the Microsoft Teams call at 2:30pm Tuesday if you wish to join us!
I have added 6 lessons of Yoga, if you wanted to give it a go. Each lesson comes with a PowerPoint presentation, lesson plan and resources. Enjoy!
There is also some 'at home' PE plans/ activities available through this link: www.peplanning.org.uk/downloads/pe-at-home