Home learning for Year 1 - Sparrows
Week Beginning 8th June
Dear Sparrows Parents and Children,
As before, please complete a lesson of Maths and English each day and do the ‘frequently’ section a few times a week. Then you can do the Learning Journey and Science lesson when the mood is right across the week. I have also included an 'Other Learning' section, in case you wanted anything extra!
I hope you are all well, if you need to contact me for help/ a chat/ any form of support please feel free to do so via email- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Practice spelling common exception words from the spelling list (attached in Other Learning - English) using the type of activities we usually do in our spelling journals
● Practise reading common exception words using flashcards or spelling list (attached in Other Learning - English)
● Read, read, read! If you run out of things to read, here is a link to a website where you can find free e-books http://www.magickeys.com/books/
● Card games, board games or cookery
In English this week we will be continuing looking at our new book 'Juniper Jupiter' by Lizzie Stewart. We will be answering some questions about the story as well as thinking about what qualities make a good superhero sidekick! As always, Thursday and Friday will be phonics based. Please follow the PowerPoint.
Please use this link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ and select Year 1 then select Summer Term Week 3. You can follow the week as it is designed. For each lesson there is a video, questions and answers.
Day 1: Summer Term Week 3 - Part whole relationship number bonds
Day 2: Summer Term Week 3 - Fact families- linking addition and subtraction
Day 3: Summer Term Week 3 - Add together and find a part
Day 4: Summer Term Week 3 - Add more and count on within 20
Day 5: Summer Term Week 3 - Friday Maths Challenge
I have included some 'Mastery Challenge Cards' for lessons 1-3 below. The main activities are provided on the website, as well as below.
This week in Science we will be looking at common flowers.
1. Watch the video on plants you can find outside https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zpxnyrd/articles/zw2y34j
2. Go through the flower images and sort into piles of ones you know and ones you don't know (these may need rearrange before printing as they keep shuffling themselves around)
3. Research and find out the names of the flowers you are not sure of
4. Complete the 'WALT name common flowers' worksheet by matching the flower and the name
5. With your family, play flower bingo (4 bingo sheets available below). Get one person to call out flowers and the others to mark off when they have one on their sheet. The winner if the first to get all the flowers crossed off their board!
This section is optional. If you are looking for extra work or activities to do then you can choose any of the following files. There's some Maths consolidation tasks, English activities (not based on our core text) and some super hero themed bits too. If you happen to do any of this extra work then, as always, please send in pictures. I would love to see what you've been up to!